09 December, 2009

Jean Cocteau



-True realism consists in revealing the surprising things which habit keeps covered and prevents us from seeing.




-Beauty is always the result of an accident. Of a violent lapse between acquired habits and those yet to be acquired.




-The ultimate politeness in art consists of speaking only to those who are able to uncover and measure its relationships. Anything else is symbolic, and symbolism is merely transcendental imagery.




-Art produces ugly things which frequently become more beautiful with time. Fashion, on the other hand, produces beautiful things which always become ugly with time.




-The day of my birth, my death began its walk. It is walking toward me, without hurrying.




-You’ve never seen death? Look in the mirror every day and you will see it like bees working in a glass hive.




-I have a piece of great and sad news to tell you: I am dead.

No comments:

Post a Comment